Type of Programme: Non-credit-bearing course
Managed by: Division of Landscape Architecture, Faculty of Architecture, HKU
Catering for a growing interest in how ecology and the natural forces interact with the built environment, this landscape summer program aims at introducing how ecological parameters can be implemented in design strategies.
This program includes: (1) studios teaching basic design trainings (such as drawing, modeling, and other visual communications) and key concepts of ecological processes and operations, (2) workshops about plantings, hands-on landscape design installation, and portfolio-making, and (3) fieldtrips to landscape projects and design offices in Hong Kong.
This summer program offers the following learning activities:
- Landscape Architectural Design Studio
- Lectures in visual arts, sustainability, cultural landscape, ecological processes and operations
- Workshops in sketching, technical drawing, model-making, planting, hands-on landscape design installation, and portfolio-making
- Field trips to key landscape projects in Hong Kong
- Tours to landscape design offices in Hong Kong
- Exhibition of design studio works